Saturday, February 4, 2012

What Money Can & Cannot Buy

I will be the very first to admit that sometimes living on a budget can be hard. Sometimes you'll get frustrated and you just want to go buy something that's not on that dang budget! (Or are Chris and I the only ones who do this?) But it seems like every time I make a selfish purchase I have buyers remorse before I even make it home. That new dress or new pair of shoes that made me feel sooooo good when I tried them on & bought them suddenly makes me feel guilty. I start thinking things like, "How many groceries could I have bought with this money?" or "Did I really need this?" So when I came across this it helped me put things into perspective & remember that the things that are really worth having cannot be purchased. It made me stop & count my blessings rather than thinking about all the things I don't have. I hope it helps you too...


What Money Can and Cannot Buy
A bed but not sleep.
Books but not brains.
Food but not an appetite.
Finery but not beauty.
A house but not a home.
Medicine but not health.
Luxuries but not culture.
Amusements but not happiness.
Companions but not friends.
Flattery but not respect.
~Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment